Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Caleb Celebrates the Big 2!


Cannon finally came home and we finally got to celebrate Caleb's birthday "Cars" style!!  I created a "Cars" cake.  In the pic you can see Cannon's "is this thing going to stay standing?" face as we put the top of the cake on the pillars. (I had much bigger cake pans than the decorating instructions suggested.  The consequence was a very top heavy cake.)  We only stacked the cake for pictures...Luigi would be proud of our leaning tower of cake, right!?
He wasn't quite sure what he was supposed to do with that candle.
The cake was close enough but still too far away for his little hands to reach. I took it as a big compliment that he kept clamoring to get it. We had to keep it nice before he blew out the candle.
He also received a fun "Cars" book with stickers, pictures, stories etc., which daddy read to him.
What fun is cake if you can't share it? 
After our friends were gone, Caleb was too wound up to sleep.  He just wanted to play with his new train set and eat cake the rest of the night.
Caleb received not only a train track from G & G, but a drawing from "Bampa" as well!

5 comments:

The Lolly said...

great pictures! and i love the birthday background. caleb had some friends over to celebrate? that is so sweet! grampa's picture is darling. :) happy b-day Cabub!

Leslie Behunin said...

Holy CAKE!!!! You're making the rest of us look bad. If only Vales Mom was so cute, creative and talented...

Happy Birthday, Caleb!

Amy said...

Oh my freaking cake! That belongs on that Food Network reality show. You go girl. I can't believe he's two! How exciting. How cute to have a friend party. Gray really only has one friend, so we'll just have Spencer's family come over for cake next month. I made a fire truck cake for Jackson last year and it took me HOURS! I couldn't get the frosting to turn red, just pink, but little did I know that the dye continues to saturate. By the time my family came over and we sang to Jackson the cake looked like a blood-red blob. Anyway, way to go.

Heidi said...

i love daddy's picture!! i hope he draws one for each of his kids, and one day we can have a little art gallery showing. ;)

the cake, as i've told you, is ridonculous!! i'm hiring you to make luke's cake this year. :)

you're an awesome momma to make his birthday so rad! :)

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! I can't believe he is two! And that is an awesome cake by the way. Ryker loves "Cars" too. I guess it's a boy thing! I am glad Cannon made it home safe.