Saturday, August 15, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!

This sounds cheesy but I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I married the perfect man for me.  If we lived in the 50's, I'd say he was a dreamboat. If we lived in the 60's I'd say he was far out. If we lived in the 70's I'd say he was cooler than burnt orange and avocado green polyester pants. If we lived in the 80's I'd say he was totally awesome.  If we lived in the 90's I'd say he was da bomb.  Since we live in the 00's, I'm going to say he's so sick!  Here are a few reasons I love my birthday boy (who is...shhhhhh...35)!! 

12 Things I love about Cannon:

1) He is camped out on a hill while the rest of the crew are at the base of the mountain, just so he can get cell coverage to call me late each night. (He's on the Hardluck Fire out of Fairbanks).
2) He loves me whether I'm thin or fat, happy or sad, made dinner or didn't.
3) He wakes up happy every day.
4) He always includes me and asks if I want to go with him when he travels, even though he knows the answer will be "mmm, probably not, it would be too complicated".
5) He comes home for lunch every day, just to see me and Caleb (whether I made lunch or not).
6) He is a  handiman fix-it-all guy who can figure any problem out with the house or cars--he's a problem solver.
7) I love Cannon because he loves the simple things in life, like ice cream sandwiches, listening to NPR, going garage sale-ing, and going for drives to explore new places, and fishing.
8) He is a fantastic father. Totally devoted to Caleb, who adores Cannon and they have sweet bond.  He doesn't have a lot of hobbies because when he's home, his time is spent with us!
9) He is the most patient, mellow, unassuming person I've ever met. He's quite open minded.
10) He is hilarious! He rarely gives me a straight answer.  Usually it's a sarcastic or funny quip. He comes up with the the weirdest questions--they are so original and so funny, an generally he's thought about it for a while before he verbalizes it.
11) He can strike up a genuine conversation with anyone and truly be interested in their situation.
12) He's a good kisser.







4 comments:

s said...

Yup, he's a keeper for sure. Happy birthday.

Stephanie said...

okay- you're making me get teary-eyed! Happy b-day Cannon!

Amy said...

Those are great things to love about Cannon. He is the perfect man! We love his sense of humor too. Never a dull moment with Cannon.

The Lolly said...

the sap dripping off of this is so thick i can barely move my arms! goo goo, gaga, SICK! :) hahaha i'm happy that cannon makes you so happy!!! he's a good guy.