Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Liberty Counsel

This is Cannon, A few months/years ago Kate subscribed to this email deal called "The Liberty Counsel" Because I am in a Hypocratic mood today, I decided to send them a note to see if I could get them to change their minds just like they want to get me to change liberal minds. Every time I get one of these emails I find it offensive on both sides of the aisle, but mostly the punctuation aisle and they must have had a sale on exclamation marks in the sentence store that they never seem to run out of. So I sent them a note:

I am down with preserving the sanctity of the family but will not continue the Liberty Counsel because Every time I look in my junk mail to read your view on how my government is operating I feel like I am reading a message from Al Qaeda that was intended to inspire suicide bombers to strap on their suicide vests and "get to the work of changing political minds." Battle cry's are a great marketing tool, but come on, every time? Do your editors think that if we can yell Allah Achbar loud enough to enough people that we can convince the other side to join our cause. "They don't understand us...we must yell louder!!"

If you are going to fill my junk email box with half truths and hear say and not back it up with anything but fear and terror that my country is going to hell if I do not respond to your junk mail then I say to you...Unsubscribe me. I hope that your mother taught you better than to simply convince other people that you are right in your position by taking the other half of the truth and spinning it back to the uneducated populous.

As I re-read through your constant battle cry vernacular, I notice that the only part of which I would like you to "battle for my family values is the example of how not to persuade with gentle kindness and scientific reason. It is a very thin pancake that only has one side.

As I re-read the junk mail that I get from me it is littered with requests to call or fax my congressman and have them return my country and family values to me!!! I would like the Liberty Counsel to return my Junk mail box to me. I hope that I do not raise my son to be so short sighted or narrow minded as to think that the position which can be inflamed with the most ineffable punctuation wins. The family values I want for me and my neighbors is to never talk like they write to anyone.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

i like the constant referral to 'junk mail'. ;) they sound like an interesting crew, get yourselves unsubscribed for shizza!