Sunday, June 28, 2009

A week of "B"s

Bargain:  Heavy duty plates in the precise shape, color and quantity I've wanted. 6 plates new in the box for $5 at a garage sale yesterday.
Bagged: Moose pepper sticks. They come in long sticks and we snap them, bag 'em and seal 'em. They are good eatin'.
Bearfoots Cookie Jar: Filled with homemade chocolate chip cookies, a delightful sight.
Beautiful: Violets, gardenias, snap dragons, pansies, petunias, fuschias, other flora for which I don't know the names...If you were to come to our house, this is what you would see as you approached the front door. You are welcome to visit any time!

Buggered up back: I've been having pinched nerves and back problems so Cannon took Caleb to work for an hour or so while I went to the therapist.  No one was available to babysit. I'm so thankful Cannon could watch Buster. Caleb got to be the captain of several planes, his dream come true!
Baby birds!!


Brand new baby bird beaks...
Butter Brouhaha: 5 minutes before walking out the door to church Caleb found a cube of butter sitting on the counter, grabbed it and smeared it all over the fridge, floor, his dress pants, hair (of course) and anything else he could reach. There was no time for pictures...

(I just thought this butter sculpture was cool).

These are pleasant pictures that remind me how sweet life is. The cost of living up here (insurance, groceries and heating bill alone--yes we still run the heat in the summer) is atrocious, the depression from being down and out with back troubles, the sad news we're still not pregnant, and the struggle to build friendships without a family backbone up here takes a toll on us.  So these pictures remind us of how great we really have it.  President Hinckley reminded us to remember 6 Be's and this post is about 1 of them: being grateful!

8 comments:

s said...

Way to "B". I heard about your unfruitful attempts for ichat with my folks and I just wanted to tell you I'm excited to someday be that tekkie where I can see you and chat too!

Trent and Dianne Rencher said...

Love the pic of Caleb, he is a true lil' mountain man! We love your posts about life in Alaska~!! Looks like a lot of fun, except eating the octopus!
I'd rather have one of your chocolate chip cookies out of your bear cookie jar any day!

Allison Harris said...

Sounds like we have the same no-pregnant disease! :) I'm sorry your having the same trouble cause it is N.O. fun!

holly and matt said...

I want to see the post when caleb breaks at least one of your precious plates. That will be a sad day. wanna make bets? I give it 1 month.

Heidi said...

i want a cookie! i want i want i want, me, me, me, i, i, i, now now nooooow!

ooh! the baby birdies! how adorable! i love it.

The Lolly said...

i want those plates. smoking deal!! aww, i love this post Meow Meow. its the little things every day that make life worth living. which i would know, if i had a life... Aha! Bravo Brandy! well you are B-eautiful! i love you!

jenjen said...

I am so stinking sorry about your stinking back! I don't do so hot when I am laid up. Trying to avoid the blues is tough. I miss ya, I think of skyping ya all the time. We defintely need to schedule a time to do it. I appreciate your positive attitude, I need to work on something like that as well. Your awesome!

Amy said...

Your front porch looks fabuloso!