Saturday, April 11, 2009


Caleb laughs and smiles and squeals with glee all the time but I've had a hard time getting him to smile at my command when I've got ye olde camera. More often than not, he's laughing and giggling and then the camera comes out. Suddenly his curiosity with the accompanying studious face takes over and the giggles and laughter are no longer happening.  This particular situation we kept saying "Daddy" to which he'd yell "Dah-ee", do the sign for "daddy" and laugh.  I was able to catch a little of it on video and in pics. (The video won't post)


Also, my friends and I were talking about potty training--their strategies, the ages they start training, etc.  That same day, Caleb dumped Cheerios all over his pants and then went into the bathroom. I found him straddling the toilet in a hurdle pose.  As I walked in he said "pay-pee". So we'll be getting his potty training done this week I think. He's obviously ready.
And I made some awesome chicken tortilla soup and corn bread.  I was craving Z Tejas and this hit the spot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Saturday Afternoon! Caleb looks so handsome in green! I'll be standing by for the video to post. Your tortilla soup looks amazing topped w/ sour cream, cheese and cilantro. You have become quite the little susy homemaker! I really doubt that potty training will go as planned this coming week. You'll have to give me a progress report because I'd dare say, it's going to take another 12 -18 months before he truly is ready to sink the cheerios!! Love and hugs anyway! Wish we lived close enough to get our Saturday visit and taste some of your homemade soup and cornbread!

Allison Harris said...

Potty training already? Your a brave soul!!! Ben will sit on the potty etc. But he still wakes up with a wet diaper, so there's no way. I actually dread the potty training, mostly because then when I'm in the checkout line and he says he's gotta pee...well he's gotta pee, then what do ya do!? Yeah I dread that.

Amy said...

Potty training bites...but good luck with that. Your food looks delish!

The Lolly said...

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! look at him sitting on the pot!!! ahhh, caleb! your'e so cute!!!