Friday, September 12, 2008

It's one of those days

Actually, it's kind of been one of those weeks. And in talking to my sisters, they've had that kind of week too. Nothing hugely traumatic has happened....watch, now that other shoe is going to drop...and it isn't like I've had major breakdowns. Basically, it amounts to the kind of "hit and miss" week where mostly I've missed. I missed 2 of the 3 days that I was supposed to meet my running partner. And we're running buddies so it aint like we're going to wait around for the other if she's late--we're going to go running. One day it was Caleb's fault (and if he could talk, I'm sure he would claim full responsibility). This morning it was Cannon's fault for getting home so late and waking me up! I was so tired that I even slept through my alarm for 32 minutes--which is a huge feat because Cannon has it set to NPR. I HATE waking up to NPR in the mornings. It grates on me like crazy and I always wake up before Cannon does. And I've been driving around Anchorage, trying to find a quilt shop that doesn't exist. The building was vacant when I got there...I'd been on 3 separate trips to find it. Found one this morning but was an hour early. Nothing opens up here until 10am. Not even the DMV. And the DMV is another story--after waiting for 45 minutes and watching 3 people get helped AND after the DMV folks announced that it was lunchtime, so things would be going even slower, I walked out. Still don't have my DL. It's their fault, idiots!(said like Napoleon Dynamite) Like I said, I did find a quilt shop today but they didn't have any poofy batting, just cotton junk. I asked the lady about their thin batting selection and she said "Fine quilters like to see their work so we prefer the more thin batting. If you're looking for fluffier, go to Walmart!" Really? Are you kidding? So I was snubbed by the snobbish old quilting bat...the old batting bat. Oh, and we're paying through the nose for this fitness club up here. I took Caleb swimming last night at the club and the locker room was a rusted out, dingy joke. The water was loaded with chlorine and too cold for Caleb, who really can only float around. He isn't active enough to keep warm in the water yet. So it was a lot of work getting him in the pool and out of a swimsuit, then into warm clothes in a wet, dingy locker room. Not to mention me trying to change while chasing him from going under an occupied bathroom stall door. I'm just waiting for us to get athlete's foot or something. I'm cancelling our membership, stat! The toughest thing is that Cannon came home from work yesterday and announced that he had scuba certification last night and tonight. He's gone by 5:30 and home at 11:30pm. So really, it's like he's gone again. He travels enough as it is...can't he just be home when he's home? It's just been one of those quirky weeks...but in the big scheme of things, there will always be chocolate, so I'll never be totally distraught. Thank goodness for First Aid bars.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spoken w/ such honesty.... I can't disagree that you've had some disappointments this week, but I also see lots of victories. You've started a beautiful patchwork quilt, found a running buddy, AND found a stash of chocolate. You've met an 'old bat' while looking for batting and have the weekend to look forward to. Hang in up there in the beautiful land of OZ. Love your new picture header.

The Lolly said...

i love that picture too! i sorry about all the crap this week Meow Meow. shall i rant also? no, i'll do that on my own blog. :) listen, i don't know why you're going to that gym to take caleb swimming, just come over to mom and dad's. i mean it. come over! now! :) the batty old batting lady cracked me up. "Get away from me you old Bats!" make some homemade carmel popcorn and watch one of our ridiculous chick movies tonight like "Head over Heels" or "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". i love you!

Allison said...

You make me laugh, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like sometimes (no really all the time)