I haven't experienced a Fall season for years and today was the perfect Fall morning. Brilliant sunshine peeking over the huge Chugach range, spilling onto it's hills and valleys, already painted intense hues of red, yellow and orange. The air is crisp but not cold and the clouds are fluffy like meringue. So I found myself at the grocery store, shopping for items which would be used for creating the ultimate Fall smorgasbord. Frozen noodles, crisp pink apples, chocolate, bananas...I came home and stirred up some semi-homemade chicken noodle soup (if anyone has a GREAT recipe for the stuff, send it my way). My totally homemade soup always tastes bland.......then it was on to some chocolate pudding (totally homemade) from www.joythebaker.com There are no words to describe it's decadent, divine texture and flavor. As I was stirring, I called my sis and it turns out she was making soup too! We realized that we are homesick!
Homesick? Yes, homesick! For some reason Fall makes me homesick and I've deduced that it's because somewhere in my definition of Fall the words "cozy" and "comfort" are found...two words that also = home (and family and friends *sigh*). So my sis and I are going to do our best to make our own homes as comfy and cozy as the home (in AZ) that we long to be in right now! And I'm headed back to the store to get some caramel for those apples...and later today I'll be baking up some whole wheat banana bread. Mmm...Fall!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Fall leaves+crisp air+sunshine=Homesick?
Posted by Mix Family at 11:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
...and when you go running and all you hear is the crunching of leaves under your feet. Love that.
Try Rachel Rays Chicken noodle soup 3 ways. It should be on her Rachel Ray show website. I love that soup. It is so easy too. Yummy! Fall makes me homesick for AK.
I'm desperate for Fall as you describe it. We've been a little cooler, but not what I'd call "crisp" yet. So I'm holding out for several more weeks. Your caramel apple idea is making me drool.
I didn't even know that a person could make pudding from scratch! (or sweet and sour sauce or BBQ sauce til I married JT). Looks decadent! My Dad has a good chicken noodle soup recipe. You should ask him.
Fall makes me homesick too. It is by far the most romantic season of the year. I just love the warm days and cool nights. I am sure there will be caramel apples in heaven, along with all the nuts and chocolate that make it that good!
awwww..well i'm here in AZ and i'm homesick for YOU. meow!
i love this post! your chocolate pictures are professional and i love your description of the clouds and such. so pretty. luckily we're getting all of that here too, minus the mountains! my soup turned out okay, next time i'll add more bouillion. but you can't beat chicken noodle soup and mashed potatoes. mmmm!
Post a Comment