Caleb and I had 2 of the coolest people come and stay with us--that's right, Les and Vale came down from Seattle to play. Pictures don't do Vale justice and his personality is so sweet! He played very nicely with Caleb, who became his shadow. He babbled a lot more because Vale is a very good talker. And he wanted to stand more often because Vale walks and runs all over the place! And we often heard Vale say, "Va-o's turn" and then Caleb would holler or scream, as they learned to share. Les and I laughed as we watched our darling boys play together. We laughed harder as we reminisced about college days. We stayed up too late talking and we ate too much--and as we waved goodbye with tired eyes and wound up babies in tow, it was clear that this is what life is all about. True, dear friends are very rare and I feel blessed to have a friend like Les in my life. Not many gals would drive 4 hours down and 4 hours back with a 2 year old to visit a friend. Thanks Les, and we'll be up to see you soon!
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Les and Vale came to visit!
Posted by Mix Family at 7:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I could not have summed it up more perfectly! We had a great time! It was so worth the drive, I loved seeing you again and watching Caleb and Vale!! Thank you for having us!!
p.s. I made a peach and blueberry Gilette (?) tonight for Jared and I. So good.
p.p.s.s. Vale is sleeping in his "big boy bed" tonight. Clearly he thinks cribs are for babies! Stinker!
is at Caleb squeaing? my my. does he not like having another cute little boy around? they're so cute together! i'm so glad Les came out to see you! its great that you're so close! xoxox Meow!
I am so jealous!! I was thinking of you last week...we spent the week in Phoenix with my parents and then got stuck there for 3 extra days due to the 2+feet of snow in Cleveland.
Looks like those two boys had fun together. I think Gabriella could have really added a nice feminine touch to the get together.
I'd love to hear some of the stories/memories you came up with?!!
Post a Comment