Sunday, September 19, 2010

Welcome Home Miss Lily!


Our lovely Lily Kate was born on 9/11/10 after 20 hours of excruciating back labor. She was 4 weeks early and weighed 8lb 10oz. I'm so glad she didn't go full term. I endured the labor because I was hoping to try for a normal delivery. But we now know that I'm not built to give birth to the gargantuan babies that grow inside me. So from here on out, it's c-section deliveries for me. I never experienced labor with Caleb so it was a new experience for me and Cannon.

We are delighted to have my mama here, helping us in her cheerful and workaholic ways. I'm so grateful she's here. I'm recovering from the surgery much better than I did with Caleb. Sweet Lily is a very good baby. She sleeps most of the day and nurses and makes very sweet squeaking sounds. Caleb just loves her and kisses her any chance he gets!

We are so happy she's here! Welcome home Lily!

5 comments:

Trent and Dianne Rencher said...

OK, that is sweet as ever, thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures!!

jenjen said...

oh my goodness I want to hold her and snuggle her. She looks so sweet...I can't wait to see her!

Ashley Gower said...

YEAH! I'm so excited for you Kathryn, congratulations! I absolutely love the name. As soon as I saw it, I thought to myself, "Oh it's perfect!."

Hailey and David Harrison said...

She is too too cute! Love all that dark hair! You are definitely going to have too much fun with her! Congratulations! I am so excited for you and all the fun times that are coming your way!

Cherie said...

What a beautiful daughter you have. Congratulations. Glad she is here safe and adorable.