Saturday, August 16, 2008

Phelps just won his 8th GOLD MEDAL...

...and I've still got to unpack. Why don't I get a medal for that?! Who can do housework and unpack when the Olympics are on all day? The Games have taken over my life and there have been so many amazing, history making moments --absolutely incredible. I'm so proud to be an American, but I wouldn't want to be an Olympian because winning or "losing" (heaven forbid that it's a SILVER) by 1/100th of a second would drive me crazy...it drives us crazy just to watch. The pressure on these athletes is so intense and yet they perform with firece competition and perfection. And speaking of perfection, Cannon has a great idea...the Doping Olympics. Can you imagine how awesome it would be to group all the doping athletes together and let them compete? We hope everyone is enjoying the Games as much as we are! I think this is one Games that I will own on DVD.

2 comments:

The Lolly said...

i'm vomiting looking at your bookshelf right now. (but i totally agree with you on the Olympics. i've been glued to the TV this year). Welcome home meow meow!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Kat. I'm sorry we weren't able to meet up while you were in Idaho! I hope the pneumonia doesn't linger and you feel better fast.
hugs,
Jaimie