We had a good day yesterday. We finished unpacking most of the house, put things away...only to find them scattered or stashed in new places, thanks to Caleb's strategic stratification. We still haven't got the crackers out of the baseboard heater.After some indoor cleaning, we went outside to plant some flowers and enjoy the mosquitoes.
Caleb had a good time watching us plant flowers. Just before I snapped this pic, he had both feet up on the door of his new ride. He looks pretty James Deanish--very cool.
We came inside and Dad and Caleb had a great time playing. Caleb is getting really heavy...so the throwing up in the air stuff is usually followed by 5 minutes of gasping for breath. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that we are both very much out of shape...it is definitely because Caleb is getting so big!
After unpacking, vacuuming, dishes, weeding, planting, and playing, we finished the night off with some uber decadent chocolate cookies. I haven't made these in YEARS and whenever I make them, I think of my aunt Jennifer. The first time we made these cookies was at G & G Hillam's house, when we were like 10-11 years old. I still have the original recipe card, written in my 11 yr old handwritting, with chocolate smears all over it. I wish she were here to share these cookies with me!
Sunday, June 01, 2008
Saturday
Posted by Mix Family at 11:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
kathryn!
i lost your phone #
call me k???
-holly
Oh man! I wish I was there to share those, too. I haven't made them since then, so now I guess I'll have to follow suit. Do you have a scanner? I'd love to see your 11-yr old writing and chocolate smudges--or even just the plain old recipe.
Kathryn, your backyard is beautiful! How do you feel about having grass and trees and a nice cool breeze after living in AZ? I definately feel homesick for the cactus and the heat at night. Your baby is getting so big!
Those definitly look decadent! Thanks for tempting...now I want cookies, and chocolates, and candies, and more chocolate...yummm!
Caleb is OLD he looks like a little man. It is so fun to see him walk. I am so glad your sister is there to play. I love your back yard...all so much fun!
What a great place to grow up...it's man country and lots of it...it looks grrrreat...gramps
Post a Comment