Well, we are here in Yamhill, OR. This is a pic of our little house. We love it!
The move happened very fast and it was exhausting. Thank goodness the flight up to Portland was fantastic! Caleb and I had a ball on the plane (Alaska Air is an excellent airline), meeting new folks, playing games with the flight attendants, getting extra bags of snacks and as much juice as we wanted...it was a fun flight. By the time we arrived, Caleb had enough energy to greet daddy with arms outstretched and then he slept the whole way to our new home.
If the name "Yamhill" sounds like a very rural, one-stop-light city....it is. There is a corner grocery store, a pizza joint, post office, city hall, a church, an awesome European antiques dealer...and the high school, middle school and elementary school (all grouped together in a couple of buildings). The countryside is enchanting. All around there are rolling hills and vineyards, Victorian farmhouses nestled among pine trees that sink into a misty meadow, with snow-capped mountains looming in the distance. We're in heaven. The climate is mild and there is a drizzle with bursts of sunlight throughout the day.
We can't seem to find the camera cord to download our pictures so standby...it will turn up tonight or tomorrow, hopefully.
We are doing great and really looking forward to settling here for a while.
Saturday, February 09, 2008
We're unpacking!
Posted by Mix Family at 7:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm glad you all made it safely! Enjoy exploring, unpacking, and settling in. Your house is very cute from the outside.
glad to hear you are in a good place all around. we can't wait until there are some pics and videos posted. :) we'll be expecting daily updates naturally...
Hey! I know Leslie is glad to have you clos(er). You're little guy is so cute! It's fun to read about your life!
Sounds like a great adventure! Looking forward to hearing and seeing more...
Hey Kathryn, I'm popping over here from heidi's blog. I thought I'd let you know where some good restaurants are in McMinnville - since the only chains there are fast food! :)
Dragon Gate - AWESOME chinese food.
Muchas Gracias - Good burrito's - It may look a little scary at first, but it really is excellent!
Sandwich Express - WAY better than subway - they make their own breads and soups, and they have a train that goes around the ceiling - so caleb might like it!
3rd Street Pizza - Excellent Pizza on 3rd street. Check out 3rd street, they have cute little shops.
And, Wildwood Cafe - Excellent breakfast - it's usually pretty crowded cause it's so good. But, worth the wait!!
If you have any more questions on what to do or where to go feel free to ask me! I can't believe you live in Yamhill of all places! So crazy!! ~Bonnie (Heidi's friend in Chicago)
Also, The Aquatic Center has excellent swimming lessons, and family swim nights (I used to work there!)And, Right next to the pool is the Library, and there is an awesome park there too. They just built another really COOL park that has a neat area for little kids too, I think it is off Fellows. Anywho, have fun exploring! :)
Post a Comment