Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Clear as a Bell and Cold As...



This Fall has been gorgeous. Clear and crisp and lovely. I haven't gotten out much until that last few days. I really wanted to drive to my FAVORITE town, Talkeetna, to get a better look at majestic Mt. McKinley. Just before driving into town there is a view of the mountain that hits you *BAM* like a jolt of electricity. And after the shock of grandeur wears off, you just sit and bask in the sight. I do, anyway. That mountain beckons me to come and enjoy it's pristine peaks...who knows, someday maybe I'll climb it. There something so sublime and shocking about the beauty of it. I could go on and on. I can see why people become obsessed with mountain climbing. Perhaps it's not so much to conquer the mountain but it's more to be a part of the wild, ethereal power of that steep place. Anyhoo...

Lily gets prettier and sweeter by the day and Caleb is going to start pre-school. I can't wait for Cannon to go back to work even though I love him with all my heart. And that's it. I'm searching for great ideas for a costume for Caleb. Needs to be original and I need to make it. Last year he was a halibut! Ha! Baby is hungry, gotta run...

4 comments:

The Lolly said...

oh! precious precious precious! and look at that smile!!!!

grammy mel said...

Lots of love and greetings from AZ. Love the pictures of your trip to Taketena (sp) and best of all, Lily's eyes lit up like light bulbs in her smiling picture. Enjoy your little family - they are growning up too quickly. Mom

s said...

yay! baby pics. I share the feel for the mountains, we're addicted to John Muir and his history right now...

Heidi said...

i was a giraffe stuck in a tree for a haloween party this weekend. :) there's an idea for you. :)

again, your photos just make me swoon. i can't believe how gorgeous it is up there!!!