Wednesday, November 11, 2009

First Snow Storm

We had the first snow storm of the season! It lasted just over an hour and produced big flakes and blustery winds. Since Halloween we've been wondering when the "termination dust" would roll down into town. It's here! Again, I don't know what is happening with the new and improved Blogger but I'm not able to post any personal pics. If I could post our photos or videos, you'd see the first snow of the season, insulation batting sitting around the house--all of which Cannon installed in our crawl space today. That is how he spent his Veteran's Day. He's a good man. The best. I had a couple friends over for a moose stew lunch and the kids played.

Ever since my 2 week check up with the doc I've had my calendar marked for this past Monday (Nov 9) because it was the day I could start weaning myself off the neck collar and start exercising. The past couple days I've done about an hour each day and felt great. Today I rode my indoor bike (early Christmas present, thanks baby!) for 15 minutes and that was all I could do. I had a 2 year old to chase while Cannon did the insulation. I've been exhausted all day and my neck/ shoulders are sore. I've got to be patient. I've got to take it easy.
We found a little bedroom set for Caleb on c-list (of course) and he is now sleeping in a twin bed. He had a growth spurt and grew right out of the toddler bed. Hmmm...he's still not ready to be potty trained but he sleeps in a big bed all by himself...go figure.

Those are all the noteworthy everyday life happenings at our house. Hope your weeks are going well for you!

3 comments:

Lettie B. said...

I want to see your actual pics! Sometimes I am so jealous that you get to be up there in all that Alasakan beauty. (Do you ever eat at Moose's Tooth, by the way?)
I loved the updated blogger. You should be able to easily load your pics. In fact you can load a bunch and then insert them into the post. I will try to find you a link that might help and email it to you. Also, I think I must use an old email for you (azrun...). I moved my blog and made it private and sent the invite to that email.

Anonymous said...

Morning way up North !! Your writing is so descriptive that even though you can't post pictures, I can still see it all in my mind. Getting anxious to see you very soon! Love and hugs!

The Lolly said...

hi meow meow! glad you're able to do a little bit of exercising and stuff, but take it easy on your neck still! hmm..i wonder why you can't get anything to load. i haven't updated to the 'new' blogger. i must've missed that. ? but i LOVE this background!!! and caleb's in a twin bed?! holy paul bunyan! i can't WAIT to see him (and you) in just a few days!!!!! xoxo