Friday, May 15, 2009

Rainy Friday Brings...

...A call at 6:30a.m. from parents of the baby girl we tend, letting us know they'll be over in 10 minutes.  Scrambled eggs on toast.  "Cars" right after breakfast...

...A greener backyard. We are hunting for the perfect swing set or trampoline.  Our birch trees are not big and hearty so a zip line, tree house and catwalk are out of the question.  We'll be lucky to manage a swing out of one of these trees.  And the root system dominates the entire yard so it will be amazing to get anything that yields fruit or vegetables to flourish. But I love our forest.
...Speed Scrapping. I'm NOT a scrap booker however, last night a few gals got together and we learned about quick design elements to get our pictures organized in albums.  Basically, there are two tips I'll pass along that made my life so much sweeter: 1) Get all pages set up before adding pictures and keep it simple! You can add pictures and embellishments later! That first tip was sooo wonderful to me! 2) Check your visual weight.  Dark colors at top make it top heavy...at the bottom draw the eye down. When pages are open, both should draw the eye to the center, so make borders that draw the eye in (think of pictures that are matted and framed--they are balanced, visually appealing and they draw the eye inward).  It's all about keeping it simple.  That way the photos are the "main event."
...I've also made a dent in the laundry.  It's only 8:30a.m.  I know I'll run out of juice in about 5 minutes...Caleb got shots yesterday at his check up and he was miserable last night. So I slept with half of my body hanging off the bed as Caleb slept (snoring LOUDLY) spread eagle, in our bed.  Cannon can sleep through all of it, bless his heart.  What does your Friday morning bring?

4 comments:

The Lolly said...

oh! i see the tent! have you guys been camping out? i love your backyard. i'd be out there all the time (with a baseball bat, of course, to keep the elephantine mosquitoes away). good scrapbooking tips. it seriously takes me about a day to do even two pages, because i want each one to be this brilliant, unique piece of art. argghhhh. anyway, love you. happy friday!

Anonymous said...

Love your scrapbooking ideas. I'll call you next time I start a new page. Remember the tire swings at the farm and G Hillam's? Easy to make and hang from a solid tree limb and very safe for baby's and toddlers. Bet you could wrestle up an old tire, scrub it out and have a great swing within a day or so. Tramps are for older kids. I'd wait awhile for that adventure!! Love you back yard. Congratulations on making a dent in your laundry. I'm with you - we need disposable clothes - or closets that steam clean, fumigate, and restore clothes to freshness overnight! Shhh... sounds like a new invention to me. Have a wonderful Friday! Give the bear cub big hugs from grammie.

Amy said...

You guys have a cool backyard. Thanks for the photo tips. Sounds like quite the Friday. Mine consisted of rolling a two-year old back into bed throughout the night, then being tired all day. I have put that blasted side on and then off of his crib so many times. He wants it off, but can't seem to stay in bed! Ahhhh! Even with the little side guards. He falls right through the middle.

Stephanie said...

I love your forest backyard. I hope Caleb is feeling better soon!