Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Straightening the Blinds

Caleb is a great helper around the house. We got a toddler bed for him and he helped daddy lift it down the hall and into his room, then gave it the ole jumparoo test. 

He likes to help me cook by stirring an then licking the spoon...and it could be bread dough, it doesn't matter what's on the spoon, he wants to taste it.  He always cooperates when I wash his hands and face after each meal and then pats his own face dry with the kitchen towel.  And he even helps me straighten out the blinds when they are askew.             

p.s. A few blogs back I mentioned the missing pepper shaker.  It turns out that I lost it by "putting it away"on the top shelf of the fridge.  I hardly notice top shelf items because they are too tall for me.  It's been at least a week since it's been missing, er, right in front of me.  I wonder how many times I've looked at it in a day and not even seen it.  

4 comments:

Heidi said...

nice pepper story. :) this morning i found our phone in luke's closet... i don't know...

the blinds are funny! luke's destroyed the blinds in his room, as in bent them backwards so they just dangle. one day i'll tell the manager so they replace them for us. :)

The Lolly said...

geez-look at him just launch off the couch! you know, blinds are intriguing tho. sharkie loves them too. :) and caleb's little bed is adorable!

Amy said...

Where did you get that cool road rug in Caleb's room!!!

Mix Family said...

c-list, of course! it's a pottery barn rug and i shopped for arizona c-listings, knowing we'd be down for christmas. cannon's mom picked it up and then put it on the plane with us. it was caleb's christmas present from us!