I got a more durable winter hat the other day and Caleb decided to try it on. Speaking of winter gear, we got our snow clothes on yesterday morning and went outside to play. Caleb got a wagon ride down the street and I hung the Christmas lights. I've learned that Anchorage is called "The City of Lights", which explains why some people have lights up (usually white) year round. I'm excited to have them up...now if only I could figure out how to turn them on. In other news, Caleb popped another tooth and I have a feeling that more are coming very soon. His teeth have been very slow coming in and unfortunately, I think they might all show up at once. I made a quiche last night (spinach bacon) and to my surprise, we all liked it. Normally cooked veggies are gag-alicious to me, but I'll eat them fresh. My first quiche turned out. I will definitely make it again. Anyone want the recipe? It is from BHG. This morning we have freezing fog and as I was driving home from the gym, I had to wait to turn left so that a giant mama moose could walk past me. I was going slow enough to see her, thank goodness! Then again, maybe I should have hit her and we could have had moose roadkill for dinner all winter! There is always next time...
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Posted by Mix Family at 8:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i'm so stupid. i kept reading "freezing FROG" and was sitting here squinting thinking, what in the heck is a freezing frog? okay, FOG. that makes more sense. duh. your quiche sounds delightful. mmmm. and i'm glad you saw that moose before it totalled your car!
cute hat, i was eyeing one similar to it, but i'm a nerd and still don't really own any winter accessories... gloves, boots, hats... they would come in handy.
You'll have to send your quiche recipe my way. That sounds yummy. Maybe Ryker would eat it too. You'll have to post a pic of your house all decked out in lights! It looks like Christmas where you are- not here! I'm ready for it!
Post a Comment