Yes folks, I know...we just barely moved from Phoenix, AZ to Yamhill, OR about 2 months ago and now we're moving all the way up to Anchorage, AK! I know, I KNOW... it sounds crazy! But Cannon got the rockin-ist job offer and we would kick ourselves for the rest of our ever-livin' lives if we didn't take the offer in Anchorage. We are uncontainably happy about this opportunity. We feel so blessed and yet we are feeling so lucky that we got to spend 2 months in GORGEOUS, quaint, rural, Yamhill, Oregon--where almost all of the food we buy is from a local dairy, vegetable farm, fruit orchard or cattle ranch. The spring cherry blossoms, the newborn lambs, the Tillamook ice cream well stocked on the shelves, the lush, green rolling hills and truly purple snow-capped mountains, the kids swinging in the tire swings in their front yards...the smell of fresh cut grass and lilac trees floating through the air...it makes for a tough goodbye. And the down- home generosity of the local townsfolk can't be beat! We are going to MISS this "Garden of Eden". If it weren't Alaska beckoning, we wouldn't have thought twice. But she beckoned and we know that we have a great future up in the spectacular and wild "Last Great American Frontier". If any of you hear Alaska calling, know that you'll have friends or family there now, waiting for you to visit and willing to share memorable times with you and yours. We will be moving within 3 weeks. "North to Alaska, heading North, the rush is on!"
Friday, April 04, 2008
We're Moving to ALASKA!
Posted by Mix Family at 11:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oregon is beautiful and I love that state (coast side anyway). Alaska, however is SO MUCH MORE beautiful! We visited the Anchorage area for about a week a year and a half ago. Good luck with the move and congrats on your husband getting a job in such a pretty place. Definitely different weather than Phoenix! :)
WOW! What exciting news! You'll be a busy woman for the next several weeks. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Congrats!
We need your phone number! e-mail us palmers@fairpoint.net
I guess I'm a little late catching up with your blog. Life changes fast! Congratulations!! I will definitely plan a trip up north - and I guess I better be quick about it. :)
Post a Comment