Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hawaii

Cannon eating a delicious coconut!
Caleb seeing how far he'd made tracks in the sand. He looked like a turtle slowly scooting along the beach!
This is at Hanauma Bay and the sand was too irresistible for Caleb...it sparkled!
A view of Hanauma Bay as we walked down into it. We went snorkeling here!
Caleb and I in front of the LDS Hawaii Temple. Beautiful temple grounds!!

We took a trip to Hawaii and had a fantastic time. We spent most of our days on various north shore beaches like Pipeline, Wiamea, Sunset, Haleiwa and Hukilau, enjoying the beautiful surroundings. We did some snorkeling and boogie boarding, some hiking and sun bathing. Explored the little towns and big cities...ate some fresh pineapple, had the best shrimp, cracked a coconut and drank the milk and ate the meat...watched the surfers take on some truly gnarly high sets of waves. It was a grand adventure. Caleb was awesome and he had a terrific time playing in the sand and eating it. He is a great little traveler. Here are a few pics. I'll post the rest of them on Caleb's baby site.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Jennifer M said...

You lucky kids! Sounds like a wonderful vacation. How fun for you all!

Leslie Behunin said...

I always wondered what the big deal was with Hawaii until we went....ALOHA!!! :) I'm so glad you had a great time!